WELCOME TO LELE UKULELES!
Inventors of the Liger Ukulele with Built-in Amplifier and Speaker
Based in Hawaii, the original home of the ukulele, our company invented and began selling the first ukuleles with built-in amp and speaker in 2010. Now after years of research and experimentation we are proud to bring this new refined version of the ukulele to market in a big way! Named the Liger because of it’s powerful hybrid nature, the Liger ukulele sparkles with authentic presence and exquisite tone, yet is so much louder than most any uke you're likely to lay your hands on. Also, because the Liger ukulele has a built-in amplifier it can interact with the natural acoustics of the ukulele to achieve a singularly robust responsiveness, sustain and playability.
LIGER UKULELE FEATURES:
• Professional quality tenor sized ukulele with built-in amplifier and speaker
• Clean and robust amp with tone and gain adjustments to go from clear and natural to wild and distorted
• Zebrawood back, front and sides with mahogany neck
• Black abs bound rosewood fingerboard with nickel silver frets and rosewood bridge
• Bone nut and compensated saddle
• High quality under saddle piezo pickup
• Elegant chrome geared closed back tuners
• Abalone inlay and black abs binding on back and front
• Acoustamagic™ array of multiple acoustic ports and open back control panel
• Tigers eye signature headstock gem
• Abalone fretboard position markers
• Propriatary fluorocarbon and nylon string blend for exquisite tone—available in low or high G
• Direct output from piezo pickup via 1/4" jack
• Powered by 6 AA rechargeable or regular batteries for long playing time
• Headphone output
Years before we created the Liger we invented the power uke!
we now introduce the offspring of the power uke-- the liger!
Liger Sound Samples
We've been doing this for 10 years but have yet to ask anyone for an official review or comment to post, but Billy Jr. from Uncle Billy's of Kona has said more than once that he loves the sound of the Liger more than his Kamaka. Truly one of the highest compliments! Many other Hawaiian players have given similar praise and we hope to get them quoted here soon. Watching the above videos of legendary Hawaiian players such as Moses Kahumoku and others playing earlier versions of the Liger above, one can see how much they love it!